Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The MLS/MT performs pre-analytic, analytic, and post analytic phases of laboratory testing procedures from waived to moderate and high complexity testing. The MLS/MT recognizes appropriate and inappropriate selection of lab tests and correlates lab results to patients clinical condition. S/he possess scientific knowledge to evaluate quality control, instrument, and result data. Other duties include: responsibility for documentation of all activities, monitoring supplies; compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements related to safety and laboratory testing; face to face and telephone customer service; computer data entry and retrieval; workplace cleanliness and maintenance. May oversee QA activities, method evaluation, teaching, point-of-care testing, and new procedure implementation. May research new methods.
- Testing and Processing: Performs waived, moderate, and high complexity testing according to KP Laboratory procedures and encompassing pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases. Performs quality control and quality assurance activities, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Performs specimen processing.
- Computer Data Entry and Retrieval: Accessions specimens, enters results, retrieves information.
- Technical Resource: Resolves problems and answers technical questions. Serves as a frontline resource to the laboratorys customers. Assists in the review and updating of laboratory procedure manuals.
- Other duties: Participates in/leads Performance Improvement activities. Oversees test method evaluations, validations and implementation. Performs EKGs, phlebotomy. May oversee lab assistants and non-registered techs to assure appropriate pre-analytic specimen preparation and moderate or waived testing performance. Oversee/teaches students and employees.
- Minimum one (1) year of recent clinical laboratory experience as a MLS/MT OR recent graduation from a MLS/MT Program.
- Bachelors degree.
- Clinical Lab Scientist Certificate required at hire OR Medical Technologist Certificate required at hire OR Medical Lab Scientist Certificate required at hire
- Experience to meet national certification exam requirements at the MLS/MT level or meets qualifications in CLIA 493.1491.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Two (2) years of generalist experience as a MLS/MT.
- Certified as MLS/MT by date of hire/transfer.
- Successful completion of an accredited MLS/MT Program.