Nurse Practitioner Oncology OlympiaOlympia, Washington
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Nurse Practitioner Oncology Olympia
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide nursing care to a designated population of patients. Participate in patient assessment and the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the care plan. The ARNP is an integral member of the Health Care team and has authority to admit or refer patients, prescribe medications and treatments and order tests.
- Demonstrates current technical skills in all areas of practice. Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic judgment. Supports cooperative clinical initiatives. Seeks appropriate and timely consultations. Actively works to continually learn and apply new skills, pathways, etc. Practices according to KFHPW approved procedures, guidelines, protocols.
- Cooperates and treats co-workers with courtesy and respect. Shares pertinent patient information in a timely and thorough manner. Demonstrates flexibility; works within the team to help as needed. Demonstrates appropriate communication skills, both verbal and listening. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to provide appropriate care. Regularly attends and participates in practice team meetings.
- Treats patients with courtesy and respect. Demonstrates service excellence behaviors in teams and during consumer interactions. Participates in problem solving of consumer complaints. Actively participate in initiatives to increase patient access. Involves patient in management of care; is thorough in explanations and demonstrates caring and friendly attitude toward patients. Fulfills all duties as assigned by chief and department.
- Maintains a productive work schedule; meets department and organizational productivity guidelines. Identifies own learning needs and participates in continuing education programs to meet needs. Initial assessment and management of drop in-patients or patients who call and want to be seen urgently and who have previously been seen in the department. Makes appropriate and timely referrals. Admits to hospital appropriately and manages length of stay if applicable. Referrals to external providers are consistent with protocols.
- Orders lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests appropriately. Routinely and appropriately uses technology provided by the organization to manage clinical practice and communicate effectively and in a timely manner (e.g., OACIS, results reporting, registries, Voicemail, Email) Understands KFHPW business and business environment. Actively works to solve problems/improve systems in constructive thorough manner. Focuses on customer needs and quality; actively encourage other to do so as well. Provides positive, constructive leadership for his/her care team and within dept.; enables and encourages others to participate and achieve high level of performance.
- Graduate degree in nursing.
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Communication, problem-solving, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- National certification in primary or specialty field by date of hire/transfer.
- One (1) year of previous ARNP experience.
- Eligible for Prescriptive Authority within six (6) months of hire/transfer.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.