Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide technical and patient care support to the Optometry and Ophthalmology Department and Doctors through participation as a member of the Eye Care Service Line team. Sell, fit, dispense, measure, adjust and fabricate eyeglasses, contact lenses and other optical devices in accordance with written prescriptions.
- Collect and Analyze Data: Analyze and interpret prescriptions, collect and interpret data, and maintain customer/ patient records.
- Fit and Dispense spectacles, lenses, and other ophthalmic devices: Identify customer/ patient visual requirements, need and wants, recommend and demonstrate eyewear and ophthalmic products, take measurements, order products, dispense eyewear, and provide follow-up services. Fit and dispensing contacts lenses: Obtain customer/patient history, identify visual requirements, need and wants, Discuss and explain options and recommend lens types, take measurements, determine lens type and parameters, insert trail lenses, evaluate findings of trail lenses, order products, educate customer/patient on all aspects of lens wear and care, provide follow-up assessment and services.
- Fabricate ophthalmic products: Perform mathematical calculations, obtain materials, process materials, and verify finish products.
- Operate and Maintain ophthalmic equipment.
- Perform administrative duties: Maintain inventories, perform third party claims processing and filing, maintain MSDS files, perform bookkeeping duties, and provide customer service.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Dispensing Optician License (Washington) required at hire
- American Board of Opticianry Basic Certification required at hire AND National Contact Lens Examiner - Basic Certification required at hire
- Communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of optical and basic medical terminology.
- Computer skills in a MS Windows environment.
- Optical dispensary, ophthalmology/optometry practice or other optical related experience.
- Graduate of an accredited optician program.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest