Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
SonographerLocation: Olympia, WA Job Number: 957944 Date posted: 05/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
SCHEDULE: M, T, W 4P-12:30A
Provide ultrasound imaging services to patients in accordance with physicians orders. Prepare ultrasound rooms and diagnostic equipment. Perform high quality testing, operating equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and develop films. Exercise professional judgment and uphold medical ethics in performance of diagnostic services. Apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify requirements relative to age specific patients. Maintain strict patient and staff confidentiality.
- Diagnostic Testing: Performs quality images through clinical protocols and positions patients to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patients comfort and ability. Demonstrates knowledge to perform Ultrasound procedures with appropriate equipment. Develops films in accordance with radiographic techniques. Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide radiology services to all age groups served. Provides patient education on procedures according to age-specific needs. Facilitates patients cooperation and alleviates anxiety by addressing concerns. Verifies appropriate procedure to be performed by checking physicians orders and outpatient prescriptions. Contacts physicians with discrepancies. Ensures appropriate documentation is completed prior to procedure. Assist Radiologists with procedures as needed.
- Computer System: Ensures patient information is accurately inputted into departmental computer system. Checks-in patients for the appropriate radiological procedure, as directed in IDX-Rad. Selects the correct account during check-in, as directed in IDX-Rad. Completes patient procedure, as directed in IDX-Rad.
- Customer Service: Provides timely, responsive, expert services to customers in a positive friendly manner, to include patient, physicians, and other fellow employees. Informs consumers and those accompanying them when delays exist and how they are being addressed. Promotes patient focused care throughout daily activities. Provides quality patient care to include preparation, scheduling, and teaching all types of patient procedures as needed. Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality, as appropriate.
- Patient and Employee Safety: No deviation from written procedures in Policy and Procedure Manual on radiation safety rules. Performs all necessary equipment checks prior to use, thereby protecting patient and staff safety. Ensures patient and regulatory standards are adhered to and suggests ways to improve patient outcomes when indicated. Completes quality assurance and quality control activities as appropriate. Establishes patients identification. Ensures no repeat studies due to failure to check armband and/or properly identified patient. Observes patient during procedures and reports any unusual occurrences or changes in patients condition to appropriate personnel. Ascertains allergy status on patients, for patients receiving medications. Demonstrates educated and rapid response to contrast reactions as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manual. Assists in performing first aid as necessary, including Code 199 procedures and locating equipment on crash carts.
- General Behavior: Observes patient during procedures and reports any unusual occurrences or changes in condition. Arrives at the start of the assigned shift ready to begin work; takes lunch and breaks at appropriate times, and leaves work at the end of the assigned shift. Maintains neat, clean and well stock radiology room. Identifies staff training issues and participates in Policy and procedures development as appropriates. Communicates concerns as appropriate to lead technologists and management. Works as an effective team member with other colleagues to efficiently perform radiological procedures. Rotates shifts and assignments as required. Rotation will include surgery and portables for Specialty and Hospital staff. Takes stand-by call as assigned. Regulatory: Adheres to Cooperative-wide Personal Protection Equipment, Universal Precautions, Related Medical Waste (RMW), Infection Control, Safety, and other OSHA Policies and Procedures.
- Minimum one (1) year of ultrasound experience.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate required at hire from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Experience in a hospital setting.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of radiation safety, safety precautions and infection control practices.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.