Certified Anesthesia Technician
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Assembles basic anesthesia set up; performs anesthesia equipment turnover; verifies & sets-up agespecific equipment. Selects type of breathing circuits, bags, IV's - performs age-related assessment for anesthesia equipment needed.
- Assists with patient transport to PACU/ICU including preparation of oxygen source & transport monitors. Coordinates patient monitoring & equipment availability with PACU & Critical Care Units. Assists with patient transport to the operating room, including placement of patient on the OR table & non-invasive monitors (NIBP, EKG, SpO2 temperature).
- Assists in direct patient care under direct supervision in routine & emergency situations: arterial line, central venous pressure line, Swan Ganz, cardiac output, fiber optic intubation & regional nerve block. Holds patients when patient is getting epidurals.
- Appropriately set up room based on procedures.
- Assembles Arterial Lines, Hotline (IV Fluid Warmer), Level One Rapid Infuser. Processes scopes. Assembles four different models of anesthesia machines. Prepares anesthesia procedure trays as requested. Meets annual competencies.
- Assists with set-up of invasive monitoring equipment in routine & emergency situations: arterial line, central venous pressure line, Swan-Ganz, cardiac output, fiber optic intubation & regional nerve block. Assists anesthesia provider with induction of anesthesia, including cricoid pressure for intubation as directed.
- Provides supplies needed for general/regional anesthesia; keeps anesthesia equipment supplies stocked. Maintains adequate stock of supplies in anesthesia machines & carts, including rotation & replacement of dated items. Maintains adequate stock of supplies in emergency code blue boxes, malignant hyperthermia carts, difficult intubation carts, invasive monitoring carts, regional anesthesia carts as listed on cart inventory, pediatric carts, vascular carts, central venous carts, MRI carts, GI carts, Epidural Cart, Neuroblock cart. Coordinates with pharmacy to maintain stock, return & replace all outdated items except controlled drugs.
- Interacts with patients' family members, external vendors when new product introduced.
- Removes & disposes all supplies & equipment following procedures performed by anesthesia providers. Prepares & processes all anesthesia-related items that require disinfection, decontamination & sterilization. Coordinates with Environmental Services for prompt operating room turnaround time.
- Coordinates with Unit Manager, if applicable, to maintain & revise inventory par levels for all supplies and equipment.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Graduate of an ASATT approved program in anesthesia technology with an AS degree, OR a minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Certified Anesthesia technician, OR a minimum of three (3) years' experience as an anesthesia technician with recent ASATT certification.
- High school or General Education diploma.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Maintains a current American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) certification, which is required.
- BLS from AHA required.
- Basic computer ability required.
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs. from an overhead position.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 500 lbs.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE (mask, goggles, gloves, hat, gown).
- Must be able to work with caustic cleaning solutions.Must be able to stand or walk continuously.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest