Health Educator II, Per Diem (Bilingual/Spanish)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, and evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, and standards
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral and publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery of cost effective health education services.
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio visual health education materials.
- Consults with physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays and community health events.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g. HIV nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, and documentation as assigned.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services (usually 1 year).
- Masters degree in a field related to the position or one of the following certifications: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD), Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR), Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP), Fellow of the American Dietetic Association (FADA), or International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- Previous experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, group process theory and application.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications required
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II
- Two (2) years of recent teaching/program planning.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services.
- PC skills Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience.
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory.
- Curriculum and materials development.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- RD/RDN Certification Required
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.