Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Dietitian ILocation: Panorama City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 767200 Date posted: 02/14/2019
- Essential Duties: Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state,
federal and local laws.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Assesses member needs, establishes priorities, designs, develops, recommends, updates, implements and evaluates programs, curriculum, materials (written and audiovisual), protocols, procedures and standards for health/nutrition education.
- Plans, participates and evaluates community events and coordinates use of community resources as appropriate.
- Implements nutrition care plans to include follow-up and referrals to government, community and/or other Kaiser Permanente facilities for continuity of nutrition care.
- Educates/counsels members, family and caregivers regarding health and nutrition on an individual or group setting (classes).
- Develops meal plans as appropriate to meet member's lifestyle, socio-economic background, age, culture, diagnosis and religious affiliation.
- Consults and educates physicians and other healthcare providers regarding member and population specific nutrition/health related issues.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care teams and committees.
- Collects data, plans, prepares and implements reports for performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits.
- Develops grants and proposals for health/nutrition programs.
- Plans, conducts and evaluates in-service education programs for department staff, the multidisciplinary care team and physicians.
- Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT): Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning and education for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- Develops, implements, and monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening and assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education and based on the patient's age, nutrition and psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background and religious affiliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services (usually one (1) year) and/or hospital experience.
- Bachelor's degree in food/nutrition or related field.
- Pre RD may be considered as written above.
License, Certification, Registration
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) Required.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if: candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6) months has passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership Environment.
- Preferred Qualifications for this job may include: Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.