The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
ER Supervisor, RN-PDLocation: Panorama City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 692682 Date posted: 05/03/2018
For one or more units w/in a 7 day/24 hour Dept providing direct patient care, emergency medicine & nursing services (which may be at multiple locations): assists the Clinical Director in the planning, development, implementation, delivery & evaluation/improvement of quality patient care, nursing & emergency services that add value & are integrated w/ emergency nursing standards of practice, service priorities & performance/outcomes measures, as well as w/ strategic, business & organizational goals/objectives. Ensures multi-disciplinary teams/staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care & patient-focused services. Supervises clinical standards of care & nursing practice; responsible for resource budgeting, staff selection & development w/in assigned unit(s) which may include one or more of the following: day/evening/night emergency medical services, urgent care, after hours medical clinic, surgical walk-in clinic, triage/assessment, emergency call desk, observation/short stay diagnostic unit. These positions are distinguished from other ambulatory care assistant manager jobs by the emergency services Dept's 24 hours of operation; greater volume & acuity of presenting patients; greater integration of services w/ admitting, inpatient/outpatient services & outside hospitals; greater medical-legal accountability. This position is for Emergency Services only.
- W/in assigned unit(s) supervises the delivery of emergency nursing & patient care services which are integrated w/ business/departmental plans & meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical & utilization standards/performance measures.
- Ensures that assigned unit(s) services meet member, physician & internal clients' needs.
- Supervises one or more Dept units (8 to 24 hours) & ensures patient care & quality standards are met & comply w/ federal, state & local regulatory requirements & established departmental policies & procedures, utilization & clinical/performance standards & measures.
- Supervises & ensures continuous improvement of all assigned clinical practices, services & operations by designing & implementing systems, processes & methods to evaluate & improve patient care w/in assigned unit(s).
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the unit(s) including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management & quality improvement.
- Develops & implements action plans to improve staff development & the delivery of patient care.
- Ensures multi-disciplinary teams/staff provide the highest quality of care & are in compliance w/ the Nursing Practice Act, JCAHO, federal, state, & local requirements.
- Develops & manages the unit's budget for the appropriate use of human & material resources.
- Monitors financial performance & identifies & implements strategies to reduce costs & improve quality of care/service.
- Monitors the allocation & utilization of unit(s) personnel.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix based on changes in patient population & provides the appropriate level of services while identifying savings opportunities.
- Ensures on-going staff development.
- Coordinates w/ healthcare providers outside the unit(s) to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies & implements best practice models developed w/in unit(s) or by other units.
- Investigates & resolves patient/family/member concerns regarding patient care & services.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of assigned unit(s) including human resource management, labor relations, Dept & employee safety programs & risk management.
- Minimum three (3) years of emergency experience required, including two (2) years of supervisory experience within the last five (5) years.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in a relevant field required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- ACLS required.
- PALS required.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of quality improvement and clinical care processes; staffing and budgeting; Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Supervisory experience in a health care setting.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) and/ or Certified Nurse Manager Leader.
Will work weekends
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.