The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Infusion Center/Wound Care Staff RN III- Clinic FTLocation: Panorama City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 847319 Date posted: 03/24/2020
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the following skills, competencies, & behaviors:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, & demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Understands own & team members scope of practice & escalates issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads & directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of comm& & issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification & resolution.
- Mentors, orients, & coaches others in unit specific operations & patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility & authority w/ subordinates & holds him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve w/ other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, & supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies w/ regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, & standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:
- Develops &/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, & evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, & education.
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database, on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, & appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed w/ patient, family/significant others, & completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition & evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development & completion of discharge plan including discharge barriers & patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions.
- In outpatient, identify barriers & needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the outpatient medical mgmt plan.
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications & procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus prevention & prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control & patient comfort; identifies & discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, & administration instructions in the hospital as well as at the time of discharge.
- Charting is accurate, legible, dated, & timed.
- Documentation reflects nursing process & interventions & evaluations taken.
- Utilizes computer systems effectively & efficiently for optimal patient care.
- Clinical Outcomes:
- Discusses patient findings & progress toward outcomes w/ physicians & other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period & ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
- Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of data, assessments, & evaluations of patient outcomes.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement activities, i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, & improving.
- Workplace Safety:
- Adherence to LMP Workplace Safety principles & practices.
- Applies standard precautions.
- Maintains a safe environment for self & others.
- Patient Care Experience:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service Area, Medical Center, & specified department.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, & patient requests.
- Makes appropriate referrals & facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains & protects patient confidentiality.
- Ensures clean, orderly, & functional work environment.
- Treats all families of patients w/ courtesy, respect, kindness & compassion.
- Provides an optimal patient care exp by actively listening to the needs of patients & family members & taking responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can underst& & ensures comprehension.
- Provides a patient care exp that exceeds members' expectations.
- Team Commitment:
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, & willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively & seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions & accepts constructive criticism.
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, & mentor to new employees, registry, students, & other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services & staff meetings as required, actively participates in other departmental professional development (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
- Participates w/ the assessment of current & future unit learning needs & development of an annual education plan.
- Keeps self- informed of activities on the unit & makes recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program.
- Reports to assigned area promptly, being present & available for report at beginning of assigned shift.
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Mgmt Partnership environment through unit based teams.
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies & assists in systems improvement that needs simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll & non-payroll resources to their maximum potential.
- BLS certification.
- Basic arrhythmia course preferred.
- This position will also cross-train for Wound Care and Oncology Chemo Infusion in PC and SCL2 and will be required to float to these departments if needed.
- Will have to complete training and successful insertion of 10 PICCs without assistance but with supervision, per P&P.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.