Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and working condition.
- Maintains routine records and determines type and extent of any malfunction of equipment and, as necessary.
- Adjusts, disassembles and repairs or replaces parts or components, reassembles and tests for proper operation.
- Reports more serious problems to Chief Engineer for instructions or maintenance scheduling.
- May attend to gas fired steam boilers, hot water boilers, and heaters.
- May make necessary adjustments to assure proper steam pressure, combustion, water flow, water level and proper operation of safety devices and auxiliary equipment.
- Tests boiler water and adds chemicals as necessary.
- May service and make repairs to heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment including fans, motors, radiators, thermostats, dampers and regulating controls.
- Replaces filters and fluids as necessary; and maintains routine records of repairs.
- Performs a variety of general semi-skilled to skilled maintenance, alteration and repairs to machinery, equipment or facilities as assigned or in accordance with basic skills and abilities, and standard procedures, diagrams or manufacturer instructions, i.e.
- Performs routine electrical maintenance, replacement or alteration of circuit wiring, switches, control equipment and mechanisms, motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances, fixtures, alarms, communication equipment, etc.
- Performs general mechanical maintenance of hospital and clinic equipment, kitchen equipment, office machines and equipment, etc.
- Normally excludes specialized and highly technical x-ray and surgical equipment requiring specific training, experience and materials.
- Performs general plumbing maintenance - Maintain, repair and make alterations to steam, gas, water, air, and sanitary plumbing pipes and fixtures.
- Bend, cut, ream, and thread pipe, wipe joints, test joints, and pipe systems for leaks.
- Repair leaks and clear drain stoppages.
- General welding - cutting, joining metals not requiring critical test tolerance or certification.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair and assemble extension cords, replace fuses, fluorescent ballasts and tubes, clean and lubricate motors and other machinery.
- Clean sink and grease traps, replace and re-pack valves, assemble equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms and related items.
- Performs a variety of routine manual duties as required, such as moving supplies, furniture, equipment, removing trash, scrap material, and replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, Health Plan members and the public.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years with in the last year, experience in Building Plant Operations and Maintenance.
- Associate of Arts Degree in Engineering or technical disciplines in Plant Operations, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or equivalent.
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Universal Chlorofluorocarbons Certificate within 6 months of hire
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of equipment, controls, and building automation maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematic drawings and technical manuals.
- The Employer reserves the right to review and modify these requirements during the term of the agreement pursuant to paragraphs 1819 and 2101 in the Labor Agreement.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.