Optometrist - Per Diem
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Graduate of a school or college of Optometry accredited by the California State Board of Optometry.
- California Certificate to use Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents.
- Current California license issued by the State Board of Optometry.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to apply the principles, theories, practices and techniques of optometric practice, including anatomy, physiology, pathology and mechanics of the human eye, visual processes and detailed knowledge of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
- May rotate to other MOB's within the Medical Center Service Area*.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Completion of a one year ACOE accredited residency program.
- A hiring manager may specify Preferred Qualifications, which are desirable and above and beyond the requirements specified in the Minimum Qualifications section above.
- Please keep in mind that any such Preferred Qualifications should be job related and relevant (i.e., directly related to the duties and responsibilities described in this Job Description) and stated in non-prejudicial language.
- Preferred Residency, competency in LV, orthoptics, specialty contacts, medical optometry, clinical Spanish
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.