Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Anesthesia Technician Instructor KAPT ProgramLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 962258 Date posted: 07/08/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under the general supervision of the Director of the KPAT program and designees, the KPAT Instructor will develop lectures, lesson plans and assist in curriculum development. In addition the instructor will clinically evaluate the anesthesia technology students. Participates in short/long range planning for improving delivery and accessibility of education in anesthesia technology education. This position will assist with advancing the practice of certified anesthesia technologists.
- Provide didactic instruction on various topics in anesthesia technology to students.
- Provide clinical and laboratory instruction as it relates to academic subject material.
- Evaluate the formative and summative academic/clinical performance of KPAT students.
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Academically prepare KPAT students to effectively complete the national certification examination upon graduation.
- Minimum three (3) years of current clinical experience as a certified anesthesia technologist.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.Associates degree in an Allied Health discipline. IV insertion certificate or graduate from an accredited anesthesia technology program.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Anesthesia Technician Certificate from American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians
- Participates as an ASATT member.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of educational and accreditation standards for anesthesia technology programs.
- Experience in Clinical Simulation education.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of current clinical experience as a certified anesthesia technologist.
- Ability to provide instruction to Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians, RNs, in clinical and didactic settings.
- Healthcare education/leadership experience.
- Public speaking experience.
- Experience in various anesthesia technology committees at local or regional American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) levels.
- Graduate of an accredited anesthesia technology educational program.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.