Application Development Data Consultant - SQL, BILocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 931536 Date posted: 01/13/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Analyzes business processes in order to define application functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Able to guide, formulate, contribute to, and direct task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participates in and may direct problem definition and problem resolution activities.
- Participates in and may direct the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Coordinates with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g. database development, job scheduling, CICS support, network support, help desk orientation, client implementation readiness, etc.).
- Conducts client interviews in order to perform analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Participates in client committees and may coordinate client involvement in development and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to other staff and may review the technical work of other staff.
- May provide on call support and may coordinate on call response efforts as assigned.
- Completes administrative requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
• Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required in computer science or related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated excellence in technical skills and technical knowledge required in programming languages respective to client server programming development environments.
• Could include, but is not limited to C# and SQL.
• Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Minimum five (5) years in all phases of applications software development/maintenance life cycles in a client server environment preferred.
• Understanding of health care business and care delivery processes preferred.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years data mining and analytics using SAS, Teradata, Oracle, PLSQL, MSSQL, MySQL or similar technologies preferred
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.