Assistant Dean Medical Education Research - Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Develop a program of and conduct original research in medical education.
- Disseminate research through national presentations and publications.
- Procure external grants and contracts to support educational research activities.
- Teach and mentor students and faculty in educational research and scholarship, including study design; analysis of quantitative and qualitative data; and dissemination of results.
- Collaborate on research projects and provide guidance in research methodology and statistical analyses (quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods) with other KPSOM faculty and students pursuing studies in medical education.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in health sciences education with direct involvement in educational research and program evaluation.
- PhD or EdD degree in health sciences education, educational measurement, psychology (cognitive, educational or psychometric/quantitative), health services research, sociology, or a related field, or equivalent in education and experience.
- A strong track record of grant-research and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to mentor health professions students (and potentially residents and fellows) and faculty in educational research and scholarship.
- Ability to lead proposal writing for externally funded grants in support of the medical education research program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for multi-disciplinary team collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of competency-based medical education, learner assessment, and curriculum design.
- Leadership skills, including visioning, planning, and performance appraisal.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest