Associate IT Engineer - Cloud
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Supports the recommendations of technical solutions that meet design and functional needs.
- Assists in the implementation and post-implementation triage and support of business software solutions, with guidance from senior colleagues, by programming and/or providing configuration support for enhancements to new or packaged-based systems and applications.
- Supports identification of specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures, and functions, as required, to support technical solutions.
- Provides systems' incident support and troubleshooting for non-complex issues.
- Supports partnerships with IT teams and vendors to ensure written code adheres to company architectural standards, design patterns, and technical specifications.
- Supports component integration testing (CIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT), with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Develops understanding of emerging technical trends to develop insight into industry best practices and strategies.
- Executes unit testing to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications.
- Assists in reviewing business requirements and functional specifications for development into code modules, with guidance from senior colleagues, by reviewing and understanding company standards.
- Supports the writing and reviewing of technical specifications and documentation.
- Develops technical expertise and knowledge of industry trends by regularly reading publications and attending training events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field OR Minimum two (2) years experience in software development or a related field.
- One (1) year experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements for IT solutions.
- One (1) year experience with engineering tools such as bug tracking and source code control systems.
- One (1) year experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- One (1) year experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment.
San Diego Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT ENG Applications Department: KP Digital Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.