Research & Development
Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Biostatistician I / II (Behavioral and Health Services Research)Location: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 895745 Date posted: 08/13/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Perform advanced statistical analyses using available computer software packages. Produce tables and graphics for reports and publications.
- Collaborate with researchers and higher level statisticians in developing appropriate study design and statistical methodology to best addressing research objectives.
- Draw appropriate and logical conclusions from analysis results given study limitations.
- Write the methods and results sections of the reports or publications.
- Estimate the optimal sample size for the desired power recognizing cost, patient accrual and resource limitation for selected studies.
- Design appropriate data collection and quality control methods and oversee the implementation of these methods.
- Supervise the work of Biostatisticians I and SAS Analyst/Programmers serving on the same projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Minimum three (3) years of advanced data analysis experience in analyzing research data using statistical package(s) including minimum one (1) year of statistical consulting experience in health care or medical research areas.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or a related field of study with at least one (1) year of coursework in statistics or biostatistics.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to organize and manipulate large datasets.
- Ability to express complex statistical concepts and technical information to researchers or to audiences with clinical training.
- Ability to estimate required sample sizes for internally funded research projects.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Knowledge of SAS programming language.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with medical or health research.
- Minimum two (2) years of related statistical consulting experience in health care or medical research areas.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with study design.
- Advanced SAS programming experience.
- Experience working with off-site clinical principal investigators
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!