Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Biostatistician I / IILocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 742003 Date posted: 10/19/2018
Under general supervision, provide statistical support for a wide variety of research projects under the supervision of higher level biostatisticians.
- Provide data analysis support for researchers and biostatisticians in the research department by using statistical software.
- Produce tables and graphics for statistical reports using a SAS and other computer languages.
- Prepare datasets for analysis by merging files, creating analysis variables, editing data, and developing documentation.
- Assist with interpretation of analysis results.
- Design and implement appropriate data collection and quality control methods.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in analyzing research data using statistical package(s).
- Master's degree or in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or a related field of study with at least one (1) year of coursework in statistics or biostatistics.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to organize and manipulate large datasets.
- Ability to express complex statistical concepts and technical information to researchers or to audiences with clinical training.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with medical or health research.
- Minimum one (1) year of related statistical consulting experience in healthcare or medical research areas.
- Knowledge and experience with SAS programming language.
- Position level will be determined based on candidate's experience and education level.
- SAS programming experience is preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.