Cancer Registry Abstract Clerk
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) certification OR documentation of Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) eligible status required by National Cancer Registrars Association.
- Demonstrate strong cancer registry data collection technical skills in order to: Identify reportable cases of cancer as required by internal Kaiser cancer registration policies and those mandated by cancer registry standard setting organizations
- Ability to work collaboratively with Kaiser personnel; representatives of cancer registry standard setting organizations such as the California Cancer Registry and its regional registry representatives.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following cancer registry data collection standards manuals: Cancer Reporting in California: Abstracting and Coding Procedures for Hospitals, Volume One ICD-0-3 SEER Multiple Primary and Histology Coding Rules SEER Data Collection rules for Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasms Collaborative Stage Data Collection System AJCC Cancer Staging Manual SEER Summary Stage 2010 Display an understanding of Health Connect/Electronic Data Records as it pertains to Cancer Registry data; ability to process/condense medical information from electronic records and transfer that information to the computerized cancer registry database in accordance with data collection and reporting guidelines in Cancer Reporting in California: Abstracting and Coding Procedures for Hospitals, Volume One.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.