Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Clinical Analysis ConsultantLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 744962 Date posted: 11/05/2018
- Responsible for development of strategies to implement internally and externally defined quality metrics and for conducting/directing analyses to support improving measure results.
- Works with management team sponsors to define goals, analytical questions, and analysis/reporting plan; interfaces with clients to produce timely and valuable results.
- Designs and conducts plans for data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Conducts or gives direction to quantitative and qualitative analyses of data to identify and explain clinical quality issues.
- Participates significantly in interpreting analysis; produces or oversees development of reports/presentations for senior executives and other key clients.
- Participates in developing and implementing performance improvement plans accordingly.
- Negotiates time commitments and resources.
- May provide staff leadership to project teams, as well as manage work of outside consultants when needed.
- Assists, as needed, in planning and coordinating with other ongoing teams and projects to maximize effectiveness.
- Participates in the development and management of the department, including coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts, and other departmental activities.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser
Permanente's policies and procedures.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in analytical project consulting.
- Bachelor's Degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field in a quantitative social science field, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or other related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key analytical questions and develop and conduct appropriate analytical plans.
- Proven leadership skills in project management.
- Proficient in data reporting or analysis software (e.g., Excel, Access, Crystal/Business Objects, Cognos, SPSS, SAS).
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, and candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operations of KP, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsible technical area.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in health care related analysis or research.
- Experience/knowledge in applied quantitative research methods and statistical analysis.
- Master's degree strongly preferred in a quantitative social science field, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or other related field, OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Able to identify issues and propose methodological solutions.
- Proficient in statistical applications, preferably SAS.
- Ability to create and analyze complex data sets and develop actionable reports that improve clinical quality.
- Experience in communicating analytical and technical information to senior management, audiences with clinical training and/or limited data familiarity.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.