Communications Consultant IV, PR & Media Relations - Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for creating public relations and media relations that promote and protect Kaiser Permanentes brand image and reputation under the guidance of more senior employees. This position identifies and develops opportunities for proactive outreach to traditional and digital news media, identifies and escalates issues that may lead to adverse media exposure, serves as a consultant in online reputation management situations, creates taking points, statements, and other responses to mitigate potential negative press under supervision, and develops and implements public relations communication plans in support of specific activities, events, services, projects, and initiatives.
This position is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with news media representatives and other health care and community stakeholders, creating communication materials under supervision, including press releases, messaging, and toolkits, participating in the collection and analysis of news coverage, developing and delivering media training, and developing digital content for both internal and external channels. This position may work as part of a team with individuals assigned to geographic areas and/or specific areas of expertise.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Ensures successful implementation of communication efforts by consulting with stakeholders on change management and implementation strategies; assessing effectiveness of communications and making modifications as necessary; monitoring key performance indicators and ongoing effectiveness of communications; and ensuring communication plans are implemented on time, on budget, and within agreed upon specifications.
- Develops communications by writing, editing, and producing complex content for KP communications programs and projects; proofreading and coordinating production of communications materials; ensuring final placement and distribution of materials; updating content on client-specific and internal/external channels; and ensuring content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand and editorial guidelines in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manages projects or project components by coordinating stakeholder contacts; recommending or assigning team resources based on project needs and team member strengths; consulting in the development, analysis, and management of project plans; and coordinating project schedules and resource forecasts.
- Conducts communication activities by providing support to internal and/or external stakeholders; managing and maintaining vendor relationships; defining and communicating the KP brand to ensure positive reputation and recognition; ensuring communications align with KP standards; and ensuring communication activities and performance metrics are documented and tracked.
- Develops strategic communication plans by consulting with clients and stakeholders to identify business objectives, key performance indicators, and communication requirements; gathering and analyzing data and information; obtaining input and resources to fulfill communication plan objectives; ensuring plans are aligned with the organizational strategy; coordinating project schedules; providing input into budget; identifying and leveraging appropriate audiences and channels; and providing strategic support on a variety of organizational initiatives.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in Journalism, Media Relations, or Public Relations.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field and Minimum five (5) years experience in communications, writing, marketing, or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year experience in social media content creation and measurement.
- One (1) year experience in crisis communication.
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years professional experience in community management and the development of social media content.
- Three (3) years professional experience in the development of digital or multi-media content.
- Two (2) years experience working in an organization with union represented employees.
- One (1) year in health care or another heavily regulated industry (e.g., Banking).
- Two (2) years experience working in a matrixed organization.
- Two (2) years experience in change management or communications support.
- Masters degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field.
Riverside Medical Center/Medical Offices 1, 10800 Magnolia Ave., Riverside,California, 92505
Xerox Building Administration, 1851 E. First St. 11th/12th Flr., Santa Ana,California, 92705
Fontana Medical Center, 9961 Sierra Ave., Fontana,California, 92335 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Communication Professional Department: Regional Offices - Pasadena - Rgnl PA-Media Relations - 0808 Pay Range: $105100 - $135960 Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.