Communications Consultant IV
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for developing strategic communication plans and ensuring successful implementation of communication efforts. This position develops communications, manages projects or project components, and conducts communication activities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Ensures successful implementation of communication efforts by consulting with stakeholders on change management and implementation strategies; assessing effectiveness of communications and making modifications as necessary; monitoring key performance indicators and ongoing effectiveness of communications; and ensuring communication plans are implemented on time, on budget, and within agreed upon specifications.
- Develops communications by writing, editing, and producing complex content for KP communications programs and projects; proofreading and coordinating production of communications materials; ensuring final placement and distribution of materials; updating content on client-specific and internal/external channels; and ensuring content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand and editorial guidelines in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manages projects or project components by coordinating stakeholder contacts; recommending or assigning team resources based on project needs and team member strengths; consulting in the development, analysis, and management of project plans; and coordinating project schedules and resource forecasts.
- Conducts communication activities by providing support to internal and/or external stakeholders; managing and maintaining vendor relationships; defining and communicating the KP brand to ensure positive reputation and recognition; ensuring communications align with KP standards; and ensuring communication activities and performance metrics are documented and tracked.
- Develops strategic communication plans by consulting with clients and stakeholders to identify business objectives, key performance indicators, and communication requirements; gathering and analyzing data and information; obtaining input and resources to fulfill communication plan objectives; ensuring plans are aligned with the organizational strategy; coordinating project schedules; providing input into budget; identifying and leveraging appropriate audiences and channels; and providing strategic support on a variety of organizational initiatives.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field and Minimum five (5) years experience in communications, writing, marketing, or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience working in an organization with union represented employees.
- Three (3) years professional experience in the development of digital or multi-media content.
- One (1) year in health care or another heavily regulated industry (e.g., Banking).
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Two (2) years experience working in a matrixed organization.
- Three (3) years professional experience in community management and the development of social media content.
- Two (2) years experience in change management or communications support.
- Masters degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.