Quality Assurance, UR & Case Management
Passion + Vision + Integrity = Excellence
Ensure consistency and the highest ethical standards across our entire organization. Our quality assurance team drives ongoing improvement by fostering an environment of support, providing technical and specialized consultative services, and inspiring ongoing excellence.
Data ScientistLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 914040 Date posted: 01/13/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Knowledge Management functional area manages the sharing and distribution of best practices documents and related impact and optimization information as it relates to KP HealthConnect & Kp.org -and related external EHRs. This work includes of the knowledge products (e.g. SmartBook, smartbits) and related documentation synthesized from across regions internally as well as external to be provided to Strategic and Operational Leaders across the enterprise. Additional responsiblilities for related consulting services that include information and data analysis and project management in areas of Quality, Patient Safety, Service, Nursing, etc. This position demonstrates in-depth knowledge and skills in the knowledge management area, and is accountable for the successful execution of project goals that align with the gaols of Health IT / Transformation & Analytics/ CSPC and support of the National Quality and Service Excellence program. At the highest levels of the job family, share in the accountability of outcomes and performance for broad Knowledge Management areas of Value Realization and Optimization that include regional analysis/evaluation projects; generation, review, and distribution of appropriate content including the building of strategic relationships for information distribution.
- Works on assignments of diverse and complex scope.
- With a good deal of independence, can efffectively and efficiently identify and synthesizing key communications messages about value realization and optimization of our EHR (KPHC) and kp.org in written and presentation formats.
- Is considered an expert in a number of KPHC Knowledgement Areas.
- Interprets less defined guidelines to make recommendations for process improvements and/or enhancements.
- Requires complex planning to coordinate with other departments or resources.
- Responsible for leading CSPC staff, KP HC Clinical and Management teams to ensure KP HC clinical content and Permanente medicine programs are supported.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, and provides technical leadership to high visibility projects to identify and resolve issues of strategic importance to the KP HC and Kp.org Value Realization.
- Interfaces regularly with senior management to produce timely and valuable results.
- Determines goals and priorities with management team sponsors.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resources.
- Develops proposals for clients outlining proposed project structure, approach and work plan.
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, including the KP HC National Reporting staff, as well as manages work of outside consultants when used.
- Designs quality improvement projects and plans for data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analysis and developing action plans accordingly.
- Produces or oversses development of written materials for senior executives and other key clients.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Leads planning and coordinating with other ongoing teams and projects to maximize effectiveness.
- Participates in the development and management of the department.
- Involves, coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts, and other departmental activities.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, biostatistics, engineering or related technical field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Strong written and communications skills with the ability to quickly and efficiently synthesize materials into summary materials for National and Regional Strategic and Operations Leaders.
- SAS or other related programming skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Advanced degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About QA, Ur & Case Management Careers
Careers In QA, Ur & Case Management
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the same exemplary care no matter who you are, where you are, or what your needs. But how are those standards defined, measured, and assessed? That's where our quality assurance team comes in. Implementing the action plans and initiatives that will drive successful practices, you'll work across the organization to foster the necessary education, communication, and innovation that will enable us to operate as one KP — with our mission and goals in complete alignment.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.