Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Evidence-Based Medicine ConsultantLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 834965 Date posted: 10/07/2019
Provides high-quality, cost-effective analytical and methodological consulting and expertise for evaluation of clinical interventions and health technologies, and development of evidence-based clinical practice recommendations and policies. Responsible for conducting rigorous analyses and critical appraisal of published medical evidence across a wide range of diagnostic, prognostic, therapeutic and other clinical interventions, summarizing results, producing reports and consulting on evidence-based clinical recommendations. Has sole responsibility for project management of large, complex analytical projects and providing consultation to senior physician leaders.
- Makes significant contributions, and provides analytical and technical expertise to high-visibility projects to identify and resolve issues, and influence evidence-based decision making and clinical practice policy development for issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Provides project management on multiple complex projects, including establishing project goals and priorities with clients and preparing reports synthesizing analytical results and highlighting implications of findings for clients, project sponsors, and senior leaders.
- Consults with senior physician leaders and clinical experts to formulate key clinical questions for evidencebased evaluation, including identifying medical conditions, populations, health interventions for comparative analysis, and health outcomes.
- Conducts evidence summaries, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, cost-effectiveness and other analyses to answer high-impact clinical questions; critically evaluates the research methods and statistical findings of health outcome studies retrieved from the medical literature; and uses established frameworks and tools to evaluate, grade and summarize the quality of the evidence.
- Disseminates the findings of evidence reviews through written reports and verbal presentations of the evidence to senior leaders and other clinical and operational stakeholders.
- Develops evidence-based clinical recommendations and policies related to the use of new and existing medical technologies (e.g., procedures, equipment, devices, diagnostics and selected pharmacologic agents), as well as clinical interventions for medical conditions affecting large populations.
- Initiates and facilitates review and consensus on high-impact clinical recommendations and practice policies with multiple senior-level clinical stakeholder groups.
- Consults on high-impact clinical policy and health technology decisions, and works with key stakeholders to support the organization's implementation efforts related to these policies.
- Identifies and informs senior leaders of clinical interventions to improve clinical and operational quality, efficiency and affordability.
- Investigates industry, health plan, and government policies related to clinical guidelines and medical technologies.
- Educates and provides consultation on evidence-based methods and development of clinical recommendations and practice policies to regional clinical leaders, quality improvement, care management, business consulting, resource utilization, member services, benefit policy development, administrative and operations staff.
- Participates in organizational efforts to comply with regulatory and accreditation requirements related to guidelines and medical technologies, including monitoring changes in requirements, preparing and maintaining requested documentation, and participating in audits and accreditation reviews.
- Minimum three (3) or more years of experience in conducting systematic reviews of the medical literature, searching for scientific literature on the internet, critically evaluating the research methods and statistical findings of published studies, interpreting and applying clinical biostatistics, developing evidence-based clinical recommendations and policies based on these findings, facilitating consensus and presenting and disseminating results to senior leaders.
- Master's degree in public health, clinical epidemiology, health services research, biostatistics, health technology assessment, health economics, or related quantitative social science field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Training and experience in applied quantitative research methods, analysis and biostatistics.
- Experience in GRADE evidence grading system, tools to assess the methodological rigor of clinical studies and systematic reviews (AMSTAR), Cochrane Review Manager and Reference Manager software.
- Analytical, consulting and project management experience, including demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, results orientation and a commitment to a consultative approach to decision making.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines to meet regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.