Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Executive Director of Human ResourcesLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 822502 Date posted: 08/21/2019
- With expertise in strategy, integration, planning, training and communications, provides broad scale expert consultation, direction and guidance to executives and their senior leadership teams.
- Develops and implements long-term people strategies, policies and practices that reflect the vision of the region, medical centers, MOBs, and the medical group. In alignment with enterprise Human Resource's vision, creates and leads HR strategies and solutions that support achievement of business goals, optimize performance and drive transformational organizational change and effectiveness.
- Establishes procedures and practices which promote consistent interpretation and application of HR policies, statutory regulations and programs. Uses efficient and cost effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve business processes.
- Proactively engages with senior leaders in shaping HR consulting accountability outcomes. Examines policy issues and strategic plans with both short-term and long-term perspectives. Anticipates potential risks and opportunities; vets them with senior leadership as appropriate.
- As a key member of regional HR leadership team, contributes to HR initiatives across the region and Kaiser Permanente. Provides perspective on impact of initiatives on local operations. Co-leads with regional HR leaders, employee wellness, employee satisfaction survey, and other critical business initiatives.
- Ensures compliance on all HR matters to include accountability for outcomes of HR-related surveys, and audits by regulatory agencies or compliance functions.
- Leads the identification and development of objectives, goals, and strategy relative to HR Compliance and Disability programs as well as HR-related hospital accreditation issues across the region. Leads efforts and oversees staff to track licensing, certification and registration (LCR) requirements for surveyable positions, including annual health and other requirements related to conditions of employment. Develops and directs the strategic implementation plans, consultation and services to assist managers and employees with issues such as sick leave, accident leave, short and long term disability FMLA leaves, general leaves planning, work modification and transitional return to work plans for workers compensation and non-workers compensation illness and injuries and other Integrated disability management (IDM) strategies. Oversees the development and implementation of regional HR-related disability, compliance, and hospital accreditation policies and procedures in addition to the oversight of related training and education plans. Provides leadership to ensure KP meets all legal obligations under ADA/FEHA, FMLA, CFRA, AB109 PDA, PDL, etc., including the duty to timely engage injured employees on the interactive process, duty to accommodate, duty to reassign & manage resolution of expired leaves. Provides oversight in the development and delivery of disability management services to Program Offices/National Functions & IT.
- Responsible for the delivery of services to SCPMG and actively engages with senior medical group leadership to ensure efficient delivery of HR consulting, compliance, disability, and wellness programs. Is the key spokesperson for the SVP of HR with the medical group.
- Consults on all HR issues, including, but not limited to, advising/educating leaders on: understanding of labor agreements and working in a Labor/Management Partnership environment; effective performance management of staff, HR risk assessment and mitigation plans; leaves of absence management and associated legal requirements; workforce planning and recruitment strategies; employee compensation and benefit programs, and leadership development programs and talent review processes.
- Collaborates with regional HR leaders for subject matter expertise consistent with local and regional requirements and practices.
- Must have ability to operate effectively in a complex matrix organization.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent communication, presentation, and consulting skills.
- Excellent team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in project and budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key issues in a particular operational situation, involve the appropriate individuals, and develop appropriate plans of action from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a complex highly matrixed organization.
- Prior experience working with organized labor.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in business administration, psychology or human resources or related fields (i.e. JD).
- Certified SPHR, Six Sigma, executive coaching, and/or Project Management Professional.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.