Full Stack BI Developer - Power BI Data Modeler
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• In consultation with the UCDA Director and UCDA Analytical Program Managers, initiates, coordinates, and facilitates analytical projects to meet UCDA client needs and achieve ECDA programmatic and organizational objectives.
• Based on agreements the UCDA Director and UCDA Analytical Program Managers, sets overall project direction to address key UCDA objectives and client needs. Assists in the prioritization of projects that compete for limited resources, and the scheduling and sequencing of work across projects to make the best use of UCDA resources.
• Applies project leadership skills, methodological expertise, and knowledge of KP data and analytical resources to determine the scope, design, development, and implementation of UCDA projects, including partnerships with regional analytical groups and consultation with Health Plan and Medical Group subject area experts.
• Advises the UCDA Director and UCDA Analytical Program Managers on project staffing decisions. Identifies professional development opportunities for UCDA technical staff based on project requirements.
• Manages and coaches UCDA analytical staff to accomplish project objectives and also develop UCDA staff capabilities. Coordinates and supervises the work of non-UCDA project participants (e.g. Regional analysts or consultants).
• Coordinates project team to effectively communicate project assumptions, methods, and results to clients and other interested parties. Elicits and incorporates feedback from clients to inform the design of project communication materials and enhance their effectiveness.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships both internal and external to the UCDA. Engages and sustains support among project participants and clients. Represents the UCDA to external partners and clients in communications related to projects.
• Advises the UCDA Director on technical staff hiring decisions. Responsible for project related training, supervision, coaching and evaluation of UCDA healthcare data analysts.
• Applies analytic knowledge, skills and experience to perform project-related work, complete specific project tasks, and create project deliverables.
- Minimum thirteen (13) years of experience in an analytical environment required (with no Bachelor's degree) OR
- Minimum nine (9) years of experience in an analytical environment required (w/ Bachelor's degree) OR
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in an analytical environment required (w/ master's degree), OR
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an analytical environment required (w/doctoral degree).
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Disciplinary training in advanced quantitative measurement methods (mathematics or statistics), ideally in the context of a quantitative social science or health services research.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Prior successful experience managing or coordinating professionals in a complex organizational setting.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication of technical material.
- Experience with analysis of large administrative databases and computerintensive statistical analysis (preferably using SAS), multivariate statistical methods, general research methodology.
- General knowledge or work experience in one or more of the following areas: disease management, survey design, health status measurement, case-mix or health risk adjustment methods, research methods, actuarial methods, cost-benefits or cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design, develop, manage, and coordinate analytical efforts among multiple constituents.
- Excellent project management skills, including setting priorities and developing work plans assembling project teams, structuring and executing quantitative analyses, overseeing support staff, and meeting deadlines.
- Skills in analytical methods including problem and model formulation, algorithm selection, and development of overall solution strategy.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work directly with senior leadership and to bring high-priority projects to successful results.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in an analytical environment in health care preferred.
- Master's degree.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, especially healthcare analytics preferred.
- Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente healthcare system preferred.
Oregon Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports Department: Po/Ho Corp - KP Insight HQAA - 0308 Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.