Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Group Leader-Clinical Documentation Services (AAPC or AHIMA Certified)Location: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 856348 Date posted: 02/07/2020
- Leads a group of consultants and analysts focused on the delivery of service/products within the responsible technical unit.
- Manages the budget allocated to the unit; reviewing and approving all expenses within the unit; ensuring that appropriate actions are taken to correct the budget variances and the budget is balanced at year-end.
- Provides leadership and direction for the technical unit in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the group.
- Develops standards, procedures, and policies to ensure that the responsible unit is maintained according to the acceptable level of quality from clients.
- Ensures that reports and information disseminated from the unit are accurate, timely and consistent, and that they satisfy the clients' needs.
- Serves as the content expert of the responsible technical area and provides technical assistance and advice.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design, development, and implementation of programs related to the expertise area.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in one of the technical areas required OR,
- Minimumtwo (2) years of experience in one of the technical areas required and completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or four (4) years experience in directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the operations of KP, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsible technical area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.