Accounting, Actuarial & Finance
Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Health Data Analyst IVLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 901425 Date posted: 09/18/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Independently determines and implements appropriate measurement and analytical methods to achieve specified analytical project or tasks objectives.
- Exercises independent professional judgment regarding analysis assumptions and data quality. Identifies and resolves data quality issues, as required.
- Coordinates the work of other project team members (UCDA staff, regional analytic staff, and contractors) to accomplish specified analytical project or task objectives.
- Determines the most informative approaches to summarizing data and communicating analytical results. Develops, as required, innovative or customized templates and formats.
- Implements specified quality assurance procedures to ensure accuracy of project data, results, written reports, and presentation materials.
- Designs and creates written reports and presentation materials describing project objectives, methods, data, and results.
- Given project or task data requirements, determines the most efficient approach to data collection and validation and works independently to obtain needed data from KP HealthConnect information systems (e.g. Clarity).
- Trains and coaches less-experienced healthcare data analysts on data retrieval techniques, programming practices, and statistical analysis and data visualization methods in the context of specific tasks.
- Specifies project quality assurance reviews and tests based on project characteristics and requirements. Provides guidance to other healthcare data analysts regarding the implementation of such QA reviews and tests.
- Develops detailed measurement and reporting specifications based on project characteristics and requirements provide by project leadership. Provides guidance to other healthcare data analysts regarding the implementation of such specifications.
- Applies analytic knowledge, skills and experience to perform project-related work, complete specific project tasks, and create project deliverables.
- Minimum five (5) related years of work experience with master's degree.
- Master's degree OR a doctoral degree.
- Disciplinary training in advanced quantitative measurement methods (mathematics or statistics), ideally in the context of a quantitative social science or health services research.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication of technical material.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working as a member of a technical project team on complex projects.
- Experience with analysis of large administrative databases and computer-intensive statistical analysis (preferably using SAS), multivariate statistical methods, general research methodology.
- General knowledge or work experience in one (1) or more of the following areas: disease management, survey design, health status measurement, case-mix or health risk adjustment methods, research methods, actuarial methods, cost-benefit or cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Skills in analytical methods including problem and model formulation, algorithm selection, and development of overall solution strategy.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train and coach less-experienced team members on technical tasks.
- Considered functional expert.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) related years of work experience (i.e. in an analytical environment, preferably in healthcare) with master's degree.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, especially healthcare analytics preferred.
- Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente healthcare system preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!