The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Informatics Practice Specialist I - R.N. (Analytics & Build Background Highly Preferred)Location: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 746689 Date posted: 11/03/2018
THIS JOB IS UNDER REVIEW BY TOTAL COMPENSATION AND AS A RESULT THE FLSA STATUS MAY CHANGE. The Informatics Practice Specialist I provides consultation and coordination in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of KP Health Connect (KPHC) Clinical Informatics efforts and technology that integrates with KPHC. Provides consultation and support in the development and implementation of nursing applications. Partners with Information Technology, Nursing, QRM, medical and operational leaders to ensure existing and future information systems facilitate clinical practice, delivery of safe patient care and are consistent with clinical practice standards and aligned with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in the planning, development, maintenance and evaluation of clinical information systems.
- Provides clinical expertise in designing, analyzing, and modeling of nursing practices/processes/services into information systems.
- Coordinates and facilitates on-going KPHC evaluation including: user accuracy, data integrity, and system reliability.
- Develops and implements action plans as needed to support user accuracy, data integrity and system reliability.
- Participates in post implementation change evaluation and supports users in maintaining changed processes.
- Provides analysis, recommendations and decision support for a broad array of complex clinical nursing and patient care issues that interface with Clinical Systems.
- Plans, coordinates, and integrates activities related to process workflows and system implementations that affect the delivery and management of nursing and patient care services.
- Partners with the Medical Center Leaders and acts as a liaison, problem solver and facilitator for the impact KPHC changes has on the delivery of patient care and member services, including escalating change requests, planning upgrades, facilitating planned downtime, communicating changes to end users and leadership.
- Collaborates with KPHC Site Leader/Long Term Support to identify training needs for nursing staff in existing and new applications.
- Aligns clinical education/development services/programs with current and future needs for a competent professional workforce.
- Provides additional resources as needed for educational training programs.
- Collaborates with Area Information Officer/Quality Risk Management Leaders/others as needed to identify the needs for nursing staff in existing and new system implementations.
- Role models, coaches, mentors and acts as preceptor to clinical nurses as they develop informatics competencies.
- Serves as a nursing informatics resource to individuals and teams throughout the facility.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and improvement teams locally and regionally to identify potential future uses for KPHC/other systems and potential improvements in the current use of the systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal, regulatory and practice standards as well as policies and procures that are supported by clinical applications.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements and governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Informatics Specialist may manage a team.
- Minimum four (4) years of hospital nursing experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical leadership, management, project management, or operational planning.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in related field (such as health care informatics, business, health services administration) required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California nursing license required.
- BCLS required in hospital settings.
- Specific subject matter expertise in health care operations, care delivery and clinical processes.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Experience in clinical process improvement, development of system requirements and providing consultative services.
- Knowledge of health care industry strategic business issues, social and legal environment; knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and facilitate complex and operational issues with senior management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with Kaiser Permanente preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.