Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Instructional Designer - VMC Appt CenterLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 756052 Date posted: 01/14/2019
- Assess, plan, design, develop, and implement professional development training curriculum and courseware for end-users and Learning and Development staff (Instructional Design).
- Apply project management methodology to the instructional design process, including assessment, job analysis, course design and development.
- Develops Web-based learning and executes web based learning strategies in conjunction with the California e-Learning team, Enterprise e-Learning and other stakeholders.
- Design, conduct and evaluate post instruction outcomes using current learning evaluation methods.
- Deliver instructor-led training to trainers, end-users and staff as needed.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in managing the development of learning projects, including instructional design, course development, project management, and in using computer based tools in the development and delivery of learning and knowledge management projects.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, education, business, communication or related field liberal arts field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated experience in consulting, project management and coaching.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office suite and html writing program.
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment, multitask, and work within aggressive timeframes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal and team work skills.
- Sound judgment; excellent organizational and consulting skills.
- Travel may be required within So California.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results with teams.
- Must be organized, able to act independently, have an eye for detail and can put ideas into a tangible form.
- Able to work with and train people with a wide variety of technical and non-technical skills and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Theory, teaching experience, and demonstrated competence in presenting training courses, preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in HTML and applications on the internet preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.