IT Consultant Principal - AI, ML, Linux, Solaris, R, Apache
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Looking for very experienced individual with the following skills:
- Various flavor of Linux and Solaris
- Experienced with designing of systems and implementation of existing and new technology.
- Experienced with Containerization technology such as (Docker and Kubernetes)
- SAS Statistical platform experience
- Experienced with opensource technology (R, Apache, others)
- Experienced with Artificial intelligence (AI)/Machine learning (ML)
- Storage administration and support
This senior level individual contributor is primarily responsible for serving as the lead technical expert across project teams, setting technical direction across technical solutions, and overseeing all IT systems.
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Leads a team of IT consultants in the development of requirements, for process or system solutions which may span multiple business domains by leveraging partnerships with stakeholders and appropriate IT teams (for example, Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture).
- Leverages multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional requirements (for example, SMART) across the enterprise.
- Leads and oversees the development and documentation of comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of highly unique or complex solution proposals.
- Leads the evolution of applications, systems, and/or processes to a desired future state by translating how current processes impact business operations across the enterprise.
- Leads teams of IT Consultants in the mapping of current state against future state processes.
- Defines the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components.
- Provides insight and influence to executive management and business leaders on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes across the enterprise.
- Reviews, evaluates, and prioritizes value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies.
- Leads solution design by translating requirements into workable business solutions and leading in design sessions with IT teams.
- Recommends and advocates for additional data and/or services needed to address key business issues related to process or solutions design.
- Leads the evaluation of third-party vendors as directed.
- Drives continuous process improvement by leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of standardized tools, templates, and processes across the enterprise.
- Recommends and advocates for regional and national process improvements which align with sustainable best practices, and the strategic and tactical goals of the business.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field and Minimum ten (10) years experience in IT consulting, business analysis, or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- 8+ yrs experience in the Architect/design, configuration, implement of UNIX/Linux computing infrastructure (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris)
- 6+ yrs advanced scripting abilities using (bash, csh, Python)
- 6+ Excellent at working with Clients and gathering requirements, provide solutions according to requirement.
- 4+ Experience in SAS platform support, troubleshooting, administration
- Excellent communication and collaboration with team and clients
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in vendor evaluation, budgeting, and strategic planning
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest