Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Lead Biostatistician - Behavioral, Biostatistics, and Health Services ResearchLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 800484 Date posted: 07/15/2019
- Responsible for hiring, providing ongoing feedback, performance appraisals, professional development and recognition of staff.
- Meets regularly one-on-one with individual staff.
- Meets regularly with research investigators to check on project needs and staff performance.
- Conducts customer service surveys with Medical Center Investigators to gather feedback on staff.
- Provides high level expertise on research projects in study design and statistical planning, in data analysis and interpretation, and in statistical reporting.
- Assigns biostatistician specific job duties.
- Planning/setting goals for the group and facilitate group meetings.
- Perform as a senior biostatistician on research projects.
- Design and perform advanced statistical analyses using SAS and available computer software packages. Develop the statistical design and planned analyses for research proposals and take primary responsibility for writing the statistical design, including sample size and power considerations in research proposals for most studies.
- Independently work with researchers to shape and direct research questions.
- Independently draw appropriate and logical conclusions given study limitations for selected studies and write the results sections for reports and publications.
- Write custom statistical programming applications or adapts statistical techniques, as required, to meet study objectives.
- Independently design appropriate data collection and quality control methods and oversee the quality control efforts.
- Collaborate with the research team to defend statistical methods to committees, journal reviewers, grant reviewers or site visit teams.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.