Masters Intern, IDH-MEGA (Improving the Detection of Hypertension) StudyPasadena, California
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Registered Nurses who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Masters Intern, IDH-MEGA (Improving the Detection of Hypertension) Study
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Department of Research & Evaluation has an integral role in the success of Kaiser Permanente Southern California by conducting high-quality, innovative translational research that benefits the health of its members and the communities from which they come. Our mission is to initiate and conduct high-quality, public-sector health services, epidemiologic, behavioral, and clinical research that has a demonstrable positive impact on the health and well-being of Kaiser Permanente Southern California members and the general population.
This project is a multi-site, in-person recruitment study. The purpose of the study is to compare different types of blood pressure measurements and evaluate which approach is the best in diagnosing and managing high blood pressure. The study will recruit eligible KPSC members who will provide data from home blood pressure monitoring (HBPM), and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM), as well as office blood pressure measures. Study participants will complete three study visits, study questionnaires, and an echocardiogram of the heart, as well as provide biospecimen samples.
- Public Health
- MS or MPH degree or higher in Biostatistics, Statistics or Epidemiology
- Familiarity of recruitment studies or willingness to learn how recruitment studies work (shadowing of study visits).
- Basic statistics or previous work with research data.
IN PERSON: This internship role is scheduled to be in person. Please be prepared and available to work in person at the following address: 100 S Los Robles, 6th Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
This position provides analytical support to a project or department. Under the guidance of a Project Manager/ Director, responsible for collecting and researching data, performing analysis, providing recommendations and presenting results.
- Responsible for contributing high level analytical support to a project or department requiring application of knowledge in marketing, information management, finance, management, economics or statistics.
- This position contributes to a full range of project components.
- Assigned to at least one project and expected to produce results and report out as a member of a project team.
- Organizes assigned project tasks, identifies and structures information collection activities, and sets time lines for completion of required tasks as directed.
- Develops tools to identify and to document best practices.
- Prepares various excel, word or PowerPoint reports, and works with access database software (or similar tool) to develop data extracts and management information reports.
- May be asked to produce graphic information using excel or PowerPoint or similar software.
- Contributes to development of management information and analysis conducted, provides recommendations and assists with preparation of formal presentations to communicate results to various management levels. Identifies alternative solutions to project issues.
- Contributes to development project plans to ensure timely deliverables and successful completion of project and demonstrates an understanding of various business intersections.
- Assists with identification and development of training information.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to revaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Enrolled in or recent graduate of a MBA or other Master's level program with an accredited college or university.
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving, project management and critical thinking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize at a working level Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/ Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of SQL or SAS highly desirable.
- Coursework, training, or experience with critical evaluation of the lit.
- Writing lit.
- Conducting simple epid analyses.
- Interest in cancer epid
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Ranked among the nation’s best
Every hospital that’s part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report’s annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We’re proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We’re thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they’ve done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.