Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Masters Intern, Medi-Cal and State Programs, Southern CaliforniaLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 846838 Date posted: 01/10/2020
*Summer 2020 Internship
This team helps to provide consulting support for Kaiser Permanente-s Southern California Medi-Cal line of business.
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn about Medi-Cal managed care and interface with the Department of Health Care Services and other health plans. As an intern, you will conduct data analysis and operational project support for CalAIM, as well as provide implementation support for ongoing and new clinical Medi-Cal programs. Through these projects, you will have the opportunity to develop consulting and analytic skills.
We are looking for an intern who is familiar with:
- Analytics, especially with using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Process flows
- Process improvement
- Knowledge of the Medi-Cal program is a plus
- Responsible for contributing high level analytical support to a project or department requiring application of knowledge in marketing, information management, finance, management, economics or statistics.
- This position contributes to a full range of project components.
- Assigned to at least one (1) project and expected to produce results and report out as a member of a project team.
- Organizes assigned project tasks, identifies and structures information collection activities and sets time lines for completion of required tasks as directed.
- Develops tools to identify and to document best practices.
- Prepares various Excel, Word or PowerPoint reports and works with Access database software (or similar tool) to develop data extracts and management information reports.
- May be asked to produce graphic information using Excel or PowerPoint or similar software.
- Contributes to development of management information and analysis conducted, provides recommendations and assists with preparation of formal presentations to communicate results to various management levels.
- Identifies alternative solutions to project issues.
- Contributes to development project plans to ensure timely deliverables and successful completion of project and demonstrates an understanding of various business intersections.
- Assists with identification and development of training information.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to revaluate and change job descriptions or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status.
- Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Enrolled in or recent graduate of a MBA or other Master's level program with an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving, project management and critical thinking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize at a working level Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of SQL or SAS highly desirable.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.