Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Medical Education Strategy Intern-GraduateLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 869924 Date posted: 02/25/2020
The primary goal of the Assessment and Evaluation Unit within the Office of Medical Education is to provide leadership and support in the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine-s (KPSOM-s) efforts to design, implement, and advance the assessment of programs and people, maximizing the use of valid and reliable evidence within a culture of continuous improvement.
Intern Project Description:
An intern will have the opportunity to contribute to several research projects, including but not limited to: Assessing What Can-t Be Seen - Mindset, Values, and Worldviews; Assessment and Evaluation in Medical Education - Current Practices and New Directions; Dashboarding for Decision-Making from Soup to Nuts; Assessment, Evaluation, and Continuous Quality Improvement - Intersections and Synergies. Specifically, the intern will assist in performing literature searches, writing introduction and background for manuscripts related to assessment of learning, program evaluation, data-driven decision-making, organizational learning, and diffusion of innovation. An intern will also assist with:
- Article database research
- Annotated bibliography development
- Literature reviews
- Manuscript development
- Stakeholder interviews
- Analytical skills, problem solving, project management and critical thinking
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.