Consulting Services & Project/Program Management (Non-IT)
Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Medical Education Strategy Intern-GraduateLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 907937 Date posted: 10/24/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The primary goal of the Office of Medical Education in the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine-s (KPSOM-s) to guide the development and implementation of a world-class, integrated medical education curriculum. The intern will work directly with and will have daily contact with educational and administrative leaders in the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine-s Office of Medical Education.
By joining the team that is designing and implementing the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to create a medical school that will educate physicians for the 21st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical education. This position will be working as a part of an extremely dynamic team of professionals supporting all aspects of the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine Office of Medical Education. The team works from an interdependent model of practice and we are looking for someone who thrives in a highly challenging role within a high functioning team-based environment.
The Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine will offer more than a conventional medical education. It will provide students with the unique opportunity to be taught by the physicians of Kaiser Permanente and immersed in one the nation-s highest-performing health care organizations. Students will gain critical knowledge and real-world experience and benefit from unprecedented access to Kaiser Permanente's people, data and technology. This unparalleled approach, plus our deep commitment to resilience, well-being, and inclusion will create a culture where physicians are better prepared to face the health challenges of the future, while helping the nation-s diverse communities thrive. Learn more about the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine at schoolofmedicine.kp.org.
We are looking for an intern in the Office of Medical Education who can assist with:
- Development and piloting of innovative technologies to enhance didactic and clinical medical education
- Development of approaches to give feedback on clinical skills performance, including and not limited to checklist development
- Develop and pilot innovative approaches to using the humanities in medical education
- Development of approaches to teach and assess reflective writing
- Literature reviews
- Document and manuscript development
- Project tracking and report creation
The intern will work directly with the leadership in the Office of Medical Education and will have the opportunity to contribute to several vital projects for the school, including but not limited to: Developing an Effective Physical Examination Curriculum, Crafting a Narrative Medicine (Health Humanities) Curriculum, Creating Tools for Feedback on Foundational Clinical Skills, and Using Technology in the Classroom to Teach Clinical Reasoning
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving, project management and critical thinking.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- Ability to quickly perform literature searches and summarize findings
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Desired majors include: Education, Psychology, Humanities broadly speaking, Public Health, Sociology, Anthropology, Public Policy, Business Administration.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!