Medical Staff Coordinator
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provide required documentation to Chiefs of Service, Department Administrators, Medical Center Leaders and Committee Chairs/Members, as appropriate.
- Process all applications for appointment/credentialing, reappointment/recredentialing via the local and regional medical staff/credentialing policies and procedures.
- Partners with all necessary staff to ensure an integrated, timely, consistent product.
- Collaborates with regional professional recruitment personnel and regional credentialing personnel to ensure timely credentialing prior to employment.
- Maintains computerized database of practitioner data for use in the medical staff service program to assure data for all credentialed and privileged practitioners is consistently accurate and current.
- Implements an efficient and effective communication system for transmission of electronic practitioner data to other users in the medical center for information (i.e., practitioner-specific privilege look-up for patient care units).
- Implements an efficient and effective communication/transmission system of shared data to regional or other local sites to facilitate timely approval for professional staff appointment or approval to participate within Southern California Region.
- Keeps abreast of laws, regulations, local and regional policies/procedures and Professional Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Maintains credentials files of all practitioners within medical center site (including satellite facilities/medical office buildings).
- Supports professional staff committees by preparing agendas, recording minutes, and follow-up.
- Supports the medical staff by being a resource for accreditation, licensing and regulatory compliance related to medical staff services functions.
- Assists Director of Medical Staff Services with all survey/audit processes.
• AA degree or two (2) years of experience in a directly related field required.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Proficient with IBM PC, medical staff database.
• Proficient with medical terminology.
• Significant knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e., TJC, NCQA, DOC, DHS, DMHC, CMS, Title 22).
• Strong organization, communication and written skills, with attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• CPCS or minimum three (3) years demonstrated knowledge of medical staff service functions related to credentialing/privileging, preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Telecommuting maybe required.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.