Reading Between the Lines
From acquisition of products and services, real estate transactions, and new ventures to union grievances, provider operations, and liability claims, this group encompasses all of Kaiser Permanente's legal and government counseling and provides cost-effective legal support across all functions.
Paralegal IILocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Ordway One Kaiser Plaza, One Kaiser Plaza, Oakland,California, 94612 Job Number: 797984 Date posted: 06/11/2019
- Reviews and drafts correspondence, reports, applications for regulatory approval, and other legal documents based on research of applicable laws and regulations in consultation with lawyers.
- Provides support in the area of corporate maintenance, including formation of new subsidiary corporations, and preparation of annual reports, charitable trust filings, corporate certificates, organization charts, and other documents as required.
- Performs due diligence in connection with transactions, in consultation with lawyers.
- Reviews and drafts contracts based on templates and/or attorney guidance.
- Researches and analyzes applicable state and federal statutes and regulations, case law and regulatory agency rulings in conjunction with facts. Reviews applicable laws to determine compliance requirements. Researches legal problems and drafts legal memoranda outlining applicable authorities. May recommend possible solutions and strategies.
- Compiles, reviews, summarize data and facts regarding Program operations and other information as needed.
- Analyzes and prepares responses to subpoenas and other litigation discover requests. Organizes litigation documents.
- Maintains computerized legal file database; tracks and monitors status of cases and documents for ongoing litigation matters; notifies attorneys of changes and maintains case calendar.
- Organizes a variety of documents and files, including litigation documents and business records.
- Coordinates activities among the offices of the Legal Department, Division Counsel offices, local and national compliance offices, and other Kaiser Permanente staff.
- Performs such other duties as may be required.
- Minimum three (3) years of related legal experience to include successful completion of a paralegal or legal assistant training program required.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Meets the required educational standards set by B&P Code.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations within practice area.
- Full use and understanding of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques pertinent to the paralegal field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management internal/external.
- Strong organization and planning abilities and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to perform a variety of challenging tasks under time constraints and strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Significant and demonstrated ability to perform analysis and legal research to identify and clarify issues.
- Demonstrated results orientation.
- Skilled in understanding, clarifying, questioning and problem-solving issues relating to work assignments.
- Consistently delivers timely and high quality results.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to handle complex, multiple tasks for several individuals with different work styles.
- Able to prepare, assemble and distribute substantial documents and reports on strict and short deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to accept individual responsibility.
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn new things and a positive attitude toward new challenges.
- Demonstrated self starter with a high degree of motivation.
- Demonstrated efficiency, productivity, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint&Access) and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Legal Careers
A national organization with practice groups in areas such as business, litigation, labor and employment, government programs, and liability, Kaiser Permanente's legal team provides advice and representation on a wide range of issues. In addition, counsels provide legal advice to management in each Kaiser Permanente region, and an Office of Board and Corporate Governance Services provides support to the Boards of Directors of Kaiser Permanente Hospitals and Health Plan and its subsidiaries.
Comprising eight practice groups - Health Care Business Law, Corporate and Commercial Law, Litigation, Labor & Employment, Health Plan & Payor Operations, Government Programs, Provider Operations, and Professional and Public Liability - opportunities in this area include Counsel, Paralegal, Litigation & Data Systems Manager, eHealth Business Operations Specialist, Legislative Representative, Regional Policy Administrator, Research Assistant, and more.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.