Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
PHR Quality AnalystLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 771209 Date posted: 02/11/2019
Responsible for assisting Senior Analysts in comprehensive data analysis to ensure appropriate and accurate administration of programs. May be assigned to providing data analytics in any of the following areas: payroll, pay practice, compensation, benefits, recruitment, credentialing, or workforce analysis. Participates in select phases of program development, including data discovery and analysis, presentation to various audiences, implementation and administration, communication and training, and ongoing quality review.
- Provide ad hoc analytic and project support to Senior Analysts.
- At the direction of the Senior Analyst, collect, organize, and analyze datasets.
- Document data discovery process.
- Innovates processes with solutions and initiatives to address local needs and eliminate inefficiencies.
- Assists in the creation of models and templates, documentation.
- Ensures accuracy of multi-billion dollar a year labor force through implementation of controls, audits, and training.
- Analyzes physicians' salaries, wages, bonuses, deductions and time to ensure accurate interpretation and application of pay practices and organization by laws.
- May conduct on-site area visits to document issues and best practices.
- Communicates frequently with 13 area managers and their direct reports.
- Researches, reconciles and addresses complex paycheck, deduction, and time reporting inquiries.
- Run queries and reports to ensure accuracy and risk mitigation.
- Supports current and prospective programs with an emphasis on data analysis.
- Participates in full project cycle from design to implementation.
- Helps develop presentation materials and presents to various audiences, including the Permanente Human Resources Council and Finance Council.
- Collaborates on design of policies and proposals affecting long-term strategic direction of organization.
- Assists in the rollout of various region-wide projects by establishing business process documentation, constructing communication materials, conducting training on the full range of staff from specialist to administrative physician leaders.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by analyzing data sets, evaluating business processes, and enforcing compliance with program documentation, applicable organization bylaws and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the analytical approach to special projects or key business initiatives of the organization including developing timeline and objectives, performance standards, and engaging stakeholders from cross functional departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Finance or four (4) years experience in a related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint.
- Requires superior organizational skills and an ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Oracle PeopleSoft Experience with query reports.
- Three (3) years of analytical work experience in Finance or HR Operations.
- Microsoft Access.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.