Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Practice SpecialistLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 816664 Date posted: 08/15/2019
- Effectively leads project team on work related to specific area of expertise.
- Provides leadership for the design, development, and implementation of projects related to their area of expertise.
- Manages the work of all project participants, including outside consultants and other department staff, when used.
- Serves as a content expert for responsible area of expertise.
- Provides assistance and advice to others in support of project work.
- May provide expert consultation to multiple projects at any given time.
- Effectively interfaces with clients to reach mutually acceptable agreements around project scope, objectives, deliverables, timeframes and outcomes.
- Effectively facilitates interactions with clients and stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the department and organization.
- Develops clear project plan that allows teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Monitors plan on an ongoing basis and proactively adjusts, as necessary, to resolve barriers and/or issues.
- Oversees work to ensure high quality deliverables and adherence to timeframes and budget (when applicable).
- Proactively identifies links between specialty work and broader organizational priorities and goals.
- Identifies areas where specialty expertise may enhance work of department.
- Effectively recognizes opportunities to enhance project work and/or achieve desired objectives by collaborating with staff outside their area of expertise and acts accordingly.
- Contributes to a team environment that encourages collaboration, supports receiving and providing feedback and encourages participation from all levels of staff.
- Adapts management style as appropriate to meet needs of a particular situation or team resulting in optimal performance.
- Actively provides feedback to staff in support of individual staff development.
- Encourages staff participation in non-project related activities that support culture and values of the department and individual development.
- Models behavior that staff wants to emulate.
- Communicates in a manner that is proactive, timely, influential, persuasive and effective resulting in mutually acceptable agreements.
- Ensures that all communications produced under his/her direction are timely and of high quality.
- Participates in the development and management of department staff through coaching, providing and encouraging feedback, consistent application of department policies and procedures, conducting project based performance reviews, and other departmental activities.
- Participates in development of staff through the sharing of new techniques and problem solving approaches specific to their area of expertise.
- Participates in the development and implementation of department-wide activities that support the culture and values of the department.
- Bachelor's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated expertise in a field of relevant to the work of the department.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Knowledge of computer applications and knowledge of data systems.
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix management environment that includes influencing, efficiency, collaboration, candor, and openness with a focus on results orientation.
- Experience in managing project staff including administration of departmental policies and guidelines, project based performance reviews and coaching.
- Demonstrates ability to work with various partners including Medical Group and/or Labor Partners.
- Demonstrated understanding and general knowledge of healthcare industry and health policy trends.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in their field of expertise preferred. This may include but is not limited knowledge of care delivery, technical/analytic expertise, management engineering, planning, and research.
- Master's degree or six (6) years of experience in a directly related field required in business administration, economics, operations research, public health, health administration or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of the operations and/or business of Kaiser Permanente preferred.
- Experience with strategic planning and program strategy, design, development and evaluation.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.