Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Research Associate II - Oncology Clinical TrialsLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Tri-Central Administration 11980 Telegraph Rd #20, 11980 Telegraph Rd #200, Santa Fe Springs,California, 90670 Job Number: 765023 Date posted: 01/20/2019
- May assist in development of study tools (e.g. tracking forms, questionnaires, chart review forms, etc.).
- Assists with and/ or oversees assigned study activities (e.g. data collection and validation, recruitment activities, pilot studies, focus groups, etc).
- Drafts project progress reports collaboratively.
- May participate in the training of new team members and/or clinical staff. If assigned to clinical trial, may work with Sponsors/ monitors at clinical sites.
- Adheres to compliance and privacy/ confidentiality requirements and standards. Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical trials.
- Assists with and/ or oversees quality assurance of study activities; ensures quality data.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and databases.
- Identifies, recommends and implements solutions to study issues.
- May interface with IRB and/ or draft portions of IRB protocols, amendments, continuing reviews, etc.
- May supervise the day-to-day activities of project staff (ex. assign work and evaluate performance, etc).
- May assist with staff hiring and training.
- May contribute to portions of study presentations.
- Serves as a member on department or study-related committees.
- May track expenses and monitor budget. May recommend budget actions/ decisions.
- May provide information and oversight for invoices.
- Reviews scientific literature and synthesizes and summarizes information.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology, or healthcare-related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience coordinating research projects under specific guidance.
- Minimum one (1) year of training and/or experience in research methodology/research study design, hypothesis testing; OR
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in clinical trials protocols involving research methodology/research study design, and hypothesis testing.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology, or health-related field (ex. Biology, Psychology, etc.), OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with interviewing (by phone and/or in-person) and medical chart review.
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data interpretation.
- Experience coordinating one or more projects.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Oncology Clinical Trials experience.
- Master's degree in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology or related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.