Research & Development
Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
SAS Analytical Programmer II (Oncology / Behavioral / Health Services Research)Location: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 895818 Date posted: 08/13/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Oversee all phases of data management, quality control, and reporting for research projects including clinical trials.
- Define analytical variables collaboratively with research scientists and biostatisticians.
- Consult with project staff on project needs.
- Maintain a professional relationship with project personnel.
- Perform analytical tasks using SAS or other analytical tools.
- Design comprehensive quality checking and validation process.
- Design troubleshooting software and programs.
- Design and generate tracking and data entry tools as needed.
- Design automated reporting and data loading schemes.
- Convert and merge data with complicated structure from a wide variety of sources across platforms.
- Create and maintain documentation to document process and data quality issues.
- May supervise the work of lower level SAS Analyst/Programmers serving on the same projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience with programming and data management using SAS or other computer language.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, information systems, epidemiology or related field of study.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to organize and manipulate large datasets.
- Ability to express complex technical information to researchers or to audiences with clinical training.
- Very strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Both efficient and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with medical or health research.
- Experience with SAS graph, macros, PROC SQL, ODS, SAS/ACCESS and data extraction from large relational databases.
- Experience with Unix environment and Unix scripts.
- Master's degree in related field of study.
- Behavioral / Health Services Research Preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!