Senior Educational Platform Consultant (Product Owner) - Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of MedicineLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 931626 Date posted: 12/30/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
By joining the team that is designing and implementing Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to create a medical school that will educate physicians for the 21st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical education. The School of Medicine team works from an interdependent model of practice and we are looking for someone who thrives in a highly challenging role within a high functioning team-based environment.
The Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine is devoted first and foremost to offering an outstanding, forward-thinking medical education. Its curriculum is built on the three pillars of Biomedical Science, Clinical Science, and Health Systems Science. Students will think broadly about the ways care can be more effective for everyone and learn how to advocate for better health in homes, school, workplaces, neighborhoods, and society at large. The school will incorporate many of the most innovative and effective educational practices available today and will give students the opportunity to learn from the physicians and care teams in Kaiser Permanente’s integrated health care system. This approach will provide future physicians with the knowledge and skills to play key roles in the transformation of healthcare in our nation and help people from all backgrounds and settings thrive. Learn more at medschool.kp.org
- Support the KPSOM Learning Management System (LMS), Curriculum Management System (CMS), and other e-learning platforms, acting as an expert on the technologies and point of contact among all relevant stakeholders (e.g., management, trainers, designers, students, faculty, staff, etc.), KP-IT resources, and external vendors.
- Partner with other technology experts at KPSOM on the design and implementation of all educational technology systems, the integration of educational technologies, system maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Coordinate on-boarding, training, and ongoing communication for all users of educational technology systems.
- Coordinate change management with respect to new e-learning systems, as well as upgrades and new features/functions.
- Collaborate with KPSOM management to develop and implement upgrade plans for educational technologies.
- Partner with KPSOM personnel, technical experts, and external vendors to define technological needs; scope and plans for adoption of new technologies and upgrades; approaches to implementation; and necessary testing for new educational technologies or upgrades to features/functions.
- Troubleshoot problems, concerns, or issues as related to e-learning platforms. Provide quality end-user support; troubleshoot bugs and issues via communication, research, and testing; and document/communicate findings.
- Assist in evaluating quality and efficiency of online learning, and in developing strategies for tracking and improving learning experience and outcomes.
- Oversee assigned projects and/or project components to ensure delivery in line with established needs, timelines, and milestones.
- Support project management and improvement science principles in designing and implementing educational technologies, as well as appropriate resource allocation, fiscal projection, management, and reporting.
- Prepare a wide variety of reports and instructional materials for users of educational technology platforms.
- Train and/or create and facilitate trainings for faculty and staff in the use of instructional technology curriculum materials.
- Stay up-to-date on e-learning trends and emerging technologies, and take a leadership role in encouraging their productive incorporation into the KSPOM curriculum.
- Serve on relevant KPSOM committees.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Operations Analysis and Design, Systems Programming, or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field required.
- Knowledge of instructional design and learning technologies.
- Prior project management experience.
- Prior experience with agile and waterfall software development methodologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to mentor others in areas of technological expertise.
- Experience managing online learning systems and educational technologies (3+ years preferred).
- Experience as an educational technology consultant (or equivalent) within a school of medicine, school of nursing, school of allied health, or other institution of higher education.
- Knowledge of mobile web interfaces.
- Knowledge of integrating web applications with REST-based web services and LMS-API services.
- Knowledge of source control management tools such as GIT or SVN.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of basic networking and protocols pertaining to web applications.
- Understanding of web/online application security.
- Understanding of digital accessibility.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.