Accounting, Actuarial & Finance
Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Senior Financial Analyst - Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of MedicineLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 880635 Date posted: 04/14/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
By joining the team that is designing and implementing Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to create a medical school that will educate physicians for the 21st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical education. The School of Medicine team works from an interdependent model of practice and we are looking for someone who thrives in a highly challenging role within a high functioning team-based environment.
The Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine is devoted first and foremost to offering an outstanding, forward-thinking medical education. Its curriculum is built on the three pillars of Biomedical Science, Clinical Science, and Health Systems Science. Students will think broadly about the ways care can be more effective for everyone and learn how to advocate for better health in homes, school, workplaces, neighborhoods, and society at large. The school will incorporate many of the most innovative and effective educational practices available today and will give students the opportunity to learn from the physicians and care teams in Kaiser Permanente-s integrated health care system. This approach will provide future physicians with the knowledge and skills to play key roles in the transformation of healthcare in our nation and help people from all backgrounds and settings thrive. Learn more at medschool.kp.org.
Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Performs economic research and studies in the areas of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
- Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data.
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts' variance analysis process as defined.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews.
- Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of financial analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Broad application of financial analysis principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!