Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
SSD E-Learn Instructional DesignLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 958435 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum five (5) years in the field of Instructional Design for Education and Training and/or systems training, preferably experience with technical and clinical systems training (e.g. Epic, Cerner or other clinical or EMR systems).
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency with standard Windows and MS-Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience in e-learning development
- Proficiency in using Captivate software
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and application.
- Project management skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Technical and business writing skills
- Strong curriculum design skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects and assignments effectively without direct supervision.
- Experience with technical training and clinically-based training.
- Strong experience with instructional design for EMR systems and video development tools such as Captivate is preferred.
- Clinical license or certification preferred.
- Proficiency in using Captivate, Camtasia, SnagIT, Adobe Suite and other web-based training authoring tools
- Working knowledge of virtual classroom.
- Specialization in content area preferred (e.g., Epic certification or proficiency).
- Master's degree in Education, e-Learning Instructional Technology, or clinical license.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.