Statistician and Psychometrician- SOM
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Serves as the statistician for the school, helping to create an environment for rigorous research and analytic work by students, faculty, and staff.
- Supports faculty, student and staff research through mentoring and consultation on research design and analysis.
- Conducts or supports analyses requiring advanced statistical methods for faculty, student, and staff projects.
- Collaborates with faculty in development of applications for internal or extramural funding to support research, and in analytic work on such projects once funded.
- Participates and/or leads research manuscript preparation for peer reviewed journals, and reviews manuscripts prepared by students and faculty for accuracy and clarity of statistical analysis.
- Participates in the student research curriculum and delivers presentations and/or workshops to students and faculty, including best practices in data analysis and interpretation.
- Participates in faculty development of teaching faculty related to statistical issues in assessment and evaluation.
- Collaborates with the Office of Assessment and Evaluation in the design, development and implementation, and post hoc analysis of assessment data, including consultation regarding psychometric properties and related analysis issues.
- Advises on the development and maintenance of student performance and other data sets appropriate for historical and comparative analyses in program evaluation and medical education research projects.
- Conducts independent work and/or collaborates on research that advances statistical or analytic methods.
- Serves on school committees relevant to the role of school expert in statistical and psychometric analysis.
- May be responsible for instruction and classroom/student maintenance.
- Doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent) in Statistics, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Educational Psychology, Psychometrics, or related field
- Masters degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Educational Psychology, Psychometrics or related field with at least four (4) years of experience
- Experience with quantitative analysis in more than one statistical application (e.g., SAS, R, STATA, SPSS, WINSTEPS etc.), including experience writing programs for analysis.
- Experience in working with trainees, and faculty at a wide variety of experience with statistical methods
- Experience in psychometric analysis of assessment instruments.
- Experience with complex data structures found in graduate/higher education and clinical settings.
- Experience in multicenter, collaborative research using advanced statistical methods
- Ability to work independently to meet timelines/deadlines by applying the principles of project management and adapting in response to changes in work priorities and processes. Effective oral and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively with variety of stakeholders, including project staff and faculty from a variety of disciplines, and with widely varying levels of background in research design and statistical analysis.
- Ability to manage complex tasks/projects in a timely manner with a high degree of quality and to mobilize relationships and resources in a collaborative, collegial manner.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest