Strategic Business Initiatives & New Ventures: Practice Leader Consultant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Strategic Business Initiatives team leads strategic initiatives and new ventures in the care delivery space for the Southern California Region.
The Practice Leader Consultant will be responsible for the delivery and management of consulting services in areas of key organizational importance. Supports leadership in the definition and attainment of organizational goals.
• Leads large-scale process redesign/improvement efforts designed to facilitate attainment of key organizational objectives.
• Provides leadership and expert consultation on the design, development, and implementation of process and programs related to practice areas.
• Sets the overall direction of the practice to address key organizational issues.
• Staffs projects to ensure that teams are composed of individuals with appropriate skills and expertise.
• Ensures that client and organizational needs are met consistently.
• Collaborates with other Practice Leaders to provide support to regional and CSA leadership in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals.
• Support will include setting priorities for strategically focused areas, identifying opportunities for improvement, and advising on specific areas of expertise.
• Provides leadership in the development and dissemination of best practices across regional departments.
• Establishes effective working relationships with peers both internal and external to KP.
• Fosters a customer oriented work environment with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, highest standards of quality, innovation, empowerment, and teamwork by developing and implementing policies and practices that reflect the vision of Kaiser Permanente.
• Supervises and develops staff.
• Coaches and develops employees according to their strengths; creates a structure that will promote selfdirected work.
• Minimum seven (7) years, three (3) of which in health care consulting and project management.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, OR four (4) years experience in directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
• Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
• Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management.
• Demonstrated ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
• Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
• Understanding of KP operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Master's degree strongly preferred.