Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Undergrad Intern, Regional Performance ImprovementLocation: Pasadena, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 854626 Date posted: 01/10/2020
The Southern California Regional Performance Improvement team is responsible for leading large strategically significant improvement initiatives including operational excellence.
This intern will help implement standard KP rounding and huddles/visual board practices in select medical centers as part of a program-wide Lean operating system deployment. This individual will have an opportunity to work in both our regional headquarters (Pasadena) as well as with medical center frontline and senior leaders. Travel to/from select Southern California medical centers will provide this individual with an opportunity to gain greater exposure to daily health care operations experience.
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of performance improvement or lean principles, familiarity with health care settings and terminology, experience working collaboratively with others, proficiency with MS office suite, and the ability to travel between Southern California medical centers.
- Examples of project support include:
- Collects, prepares and tracks reports and summaries such as: budget to actual expenditures, production statistics and utilization of services and statistical records of performance.
- Performs a variety of data collection and analysis assignments.
- Prepares ad hoc data requests as directed.
- Prepares and/or formats graphs, spreadsheets and reports by utilizing office software.
- May be asked to maintain databases on a regular basis by entering data and preparing data extracts.
- May extract information from different sources to compile data.
- Executes existing queries for established reports.
- Schedules conference calls and meeting.
- Contributes to the development of presentations materials.
- Provides administrative and project support as assigned such as copying, filing, entering and extracting data.
- Engages in and supports project work.
- KP conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to revaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status.
- Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university program OR recent graduate.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of Access and database experience desirable.
- Prior office experience also desirable.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.