Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Visual Data Analyst - Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of MedicineLocation: Pasadena, CA Job Number: 955549 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Assists in the design of analytic approaches using educational and institutional program data.
- Creates data visualizations (e.g., dashboards, infographics, charts, etc.) using best practices in evaluation and data science,
- Prepares preliminary interpretations of analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management.
- Conducts background research on identified education and institutional program issues.
- Collaborate with other analysts on assigned components of project work.
- Assists in developing and utilizing data gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, sampling frames, statistical modeling, and/or interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses.
- Queries and extracts data across multiple systems for analysis, interpretation using appropriate syntax and computing language.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects and functional areas.
- Recommends suggested action steps based on the analytic results, including but not limited to additional analyses and avenues/methods of communication.
- Prepares reports synthesizing analytical results, highlighting implications of findings.
- Follows through any further actions based on the results using sound organizational judgment.
- Assists in the development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned projects.
- Contributes to practice development and department administration including, recruiting, and debriefing on training, and engaging in other evaluation capacity building and improvement activities.
- Minimum five (5) years of related analytical or consulting in technology/data science experience.
- Masters degree in data science, business administration, economics, operations research, public health administration or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and propose methodological solutions; synthesizes analyses well, highlights implications of findings.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret and communicate quantitative/qualitative analysis using such tools as SPSS, SAS, Dedoose, NVivo.
- Extensive knowledge of databases, relational data systems, querying language (e.g., SQL), coding language (e.g., Python), and data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau).
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Proficient with PC applications including spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics packages.
- Doctoral degree in related field.
- Knowledge of the principles of access management, access reporting, and MS Excel.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.