Director, Capabilities and Platforms, KP DigitalPleasanton, CA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Level: Director/Senior Director
- Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Director, Capabilities and Platforms, KP Digital
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Director of Capabilities & Platforms position with KP means an opportunity to contribute to digital experiences with the potential to impact millions of lives every day. You are a senior, results driven leader who will drive large cross functional programs, and partner alongside the Digital platforms & architecture team to enable member facing capabilities. You will inspire and collaborate with several teams to bring enhanced user experiences to life, and do so at scale. This position will report to the VP Product of KP Digital.
- Works with director to develop scope of work for team, sequencing, defining value proposition, setting strategic and business direction, context & priorities for the team.
- Provides oversight, coaching & guidance to management-level staff.
- Partners with Director and peer Health Plan Leadership to interpret, analyze and address key business issues and questions.
- Provide operational management: be accountable for budgets and resource viability of area of responsibility.
- Recommend organization/business performance metrics and act when needed.
- Review and recommend policies to achieve customer and KP goals.
- Minimum ten (10) years of content/functional experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, statistics, or related required.
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Twelve (12) years of content/functional experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of management experience preferred.
- Health care industry preferred.
- Digital technology preferred.
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience driving technical solutions, working with both engineering and product teams, with an eye towards scale and efficiency.
- Proven history of facilitating risk mitigation, contingency planning, and providing process and discipline to unstructured problems.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and project management skills, combined with excellent business acumen and communication skills.
- Comfortable with cultivating collaboration with senior leaders, while also possessing the ability to influence and remove barriers to achieve results.
- Key areas of experience include: DNP (Digital Notification Platform), Chat, Chatbot, AB Testing, Adobe Analutics, Search and Customer Segementation.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.