Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Director Training ResourcesLocation: Pleasanton, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 720435 Date posted: 08/08/2018
Directs employee education and training policies and programs for a large area encompassing 2 or more regions. Plans, develops and implements programs to effectively assess and meet the training needs of employees with a specific functional area. Responsible for all operational aspects of training-related services.
- Responsible for all design aspects of training-related services for a large, functional area encompassing 2 or more regions.
- Serves as the strategic educational link between two regions and the organization's education, training, design and development partners.
- Consults with senior leadership and managers to identify training and development opportunities necessary to meet organizational goals.
- Ensures that quality learning experiences are available and accessible to the organization.
- Develop effective processes for learning design including needs assessment, project planning/management, course development vendor selection and implementation.
- Develop proposals/business cases for new programs and gain sponsorship and support for Health Plan/Hospital, Medical Group and union stakeholders.
- Develop and support design teams. Include operational and other stakeholders at key points to ensure alignment and buy in.
- Ensure design staff has skills and training necessary to create high quality programs.
- Develops long-range educational plans to support the organizations future directions.
- Develops approaches to training and development that support the implementation of the organizations strategy the reduce redundancy and increase effectiveness.
- Ensures the relevant and currency of educational programs, offerings, and learning opportunities.
- Evaluates and reviews educational proposals to determine appropriateness and cost effectiveness.
- Evaluates training/consulting requests for compatibility with current programs.
- May serve as liaison between medical centers and Health Plan/Hospitals to improve collaboration and coordination for effective use of training resources available for department and groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum seven (7) years of training and development experience.
- Master's degree in behavioral sciences or education OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge of training and development practices.
- Leadership, team building, coaching skills.
- In-depth understanding of adult learning theory and research, planning, development and evaluation.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills.
- Proficient with PC applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.